Wonju History Museum
134, Bongsan-ro, Wonju-si, Gangwon-do
The Wonju History Museum is a municipal museum that gives visitors a glimpse of the history and traditional cultural heritage of Korea. Major exhibits of the museum include the stoneware and earthenware of the Paleolithic, Neolithic, and Bronze Ages and a variety of materials providing insight into the lives of ancient Koreans including clothing, eating and housing cultures. In addition, various programs such as various special exhibitions and traditional culture experiences are operated to help visitors learn and enjoy Korean traditional culture.
- Operating hours : 09:00-18:00
- Closed on : January 1, Mondays, the day after a holiday, Seol Day, and Chuseok Day
- Admission fee : KRW 700
- Facilities : History Hall, Folk Culture Hall, Ilsa Kim Bong-ryong Hall, Main Exhibition Hall, Outdoor Exhibition Hall, Special Exhibition Hall, etc.
Folk Culture Hall : A place where visitors can learn about the traditional living culture of Korean through dioramas that delicately represent the Koreans' lives during that era.
tip.Traditional culture experience program
- Date and time : Every weekend at 2:00 pm (available for up to 20 people per day/ first-come-first-served basis)
- A program to make daily necessities that embody Korean traditional beauty
- Program themes: Making a lucky bag (bokjumeoni)/ coaster with traditional patterns/ handkerchief, etc.
It is recommended to contact the center via telephone first to inquire about the availability of these programs.